How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2151
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

Am feeling a form to apply for British passport for my step

This answer was rated:

Am feeling a form to apply for British passport for my step son and daughter.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: But am having a problem to feel in a space asking the father name
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing

Hi How can I help?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Should I put my name as the father or step dad?

Can you try the payment again.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What should I do?

Are you the father or step dad

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Step dad

The passport office would want to see the child's Birth certificate - are you named on the birth certificate. Is the biological father British

If you are the step father you should put the father's name and the mother's name.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They have seen everything and sent us a certificate of citizenship, we are just trying form to get the passport

That is fine you can apply - thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is it right for me to put my name in the space of a father or not?

No - you are not the father - must put the name on the birth certificate.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Thank you

Honestly is the best policy here.

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it

Lawyer21 and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you