Jak Bowtell
Jak Bowtell, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons) (ling.) ( franc.) (UEA) ARAeS
106352453

Do I need an A1 or A3 license for a cafe which will serve

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Do I need an A1 or A3 license for a cafe which will serve reheated hot food. no gas will be used
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ealing
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: under discussion of the contract with the landlord. The shop has A1 license
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, could you tell me exactly what food you intend to serve, will it just be warmed up? Could you tell me the type of premises we're dealing with?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Please find attached menu
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
A1 . The food that we are serving are mostly reheated frozen food. It will take electronic pot something like that to heat up the food

Will you be serving food for consumption on the premises?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Jak, say if we are preparing pancakes at home. And sell it in the cafe. Is there anything (regulations )we need to be aware of?
I’ll just check with an experienced colleague and get back to you by the morning, is this ok with you?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sure thank you very much
My pleasure