Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have been told that I have paid to much stamp duty £6100

Hi i have been told that I have paid to much stamp duty £6100 to be exact we should have had Multiple Dwelling Relief another solicitors is charging 30% how much would you charge? It has been 5years since move so it would be claim against solicitors insurance.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: None
JA: Where is the dwelling located?
Customer: Shifnal near Telford
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Hi thank you for your message, we do not represent parties so we could not bring a legal claim for you however 30% sounds high. If you want to find alternative solicitors near you to get further quotes for the claim you can use the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case professional negligence.
I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.