How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5445
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I'm just wondering what's best to do in my scenario. My

This answer was rated:

Hi,I'm just wondering what's best to do in my scenario. My mother in law has been refused an EEA family permit and we have been given the right to appeal but not sure if we need a lawyer or not
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nottingham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We just received the letter today and are yet to proceed with appeal
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing else
Hi thank you for your message, so is your query if you should hire a lawyer or not?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm just wondering if I can do this on my own and what exactly to present aside the birth certificate
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Were you able to see the attached photo?
Hi thank you for your message, no I cannot see the photo. That said given the ramifications I recommend you hire a solicitor. you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case immigration law. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin and other Law Specialists are ready to help you