ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

My sister is a British citizen and has sever epilepsy, she

My sister is a British citizen and has sever epilepsy, she is currently staying at my home in a different borough to her own and has been for 5 months as she has suffered domestic violence and abuse and control for years now...
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: the police and the support system are on our side and doing everything they can to get justice for my sister and to safely move her to my area which is in Runnymede Surrey, the problem is that my other sister is getting married abroad in las Vagas on the 19th of Feb 2020 and my dad has paid for himself, me and my other 2 sisters to fly out and surprise her, but because my sisters ex has "unadmittedly" stolen 4 of her passports to stop her from leaving the home
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: She went to London passport office yesterday and paid for one to arrive the quickest they can do, and the woman was abrupt and rude to my sister and told her she probably won't be able to get another passport!
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my sister has crime reference numbers for her preavious passports and we have police, victims support, doctors and hospital, council to vouch for my sister, please help her get her passport to make my sisters wedding next month, I also have the flight and bookings if you need them as well?

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.

Has your sister submitted her application for the replacement passport?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello, yes and she is to wait for 7 days to get an answer to see if they will give her her passport
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry I can't afford to pay for the phone call, please any advice for my sister would be greatly appreciated, she has had too much hardship surly something can be done for her?

There should be no reason for them not to grant her the passport. It may be that this particular adviser is being obnoxious. My recommendation is that she waits the 7 days, if she then does not hear anything within the 7 days she may be able to make a complaint about their.

Please see below link on how to make a formal written complaint:

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-passport-office/about/complaints-procedure

I do hope this helps. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

I ask kindly that you indicate whether you have accepted the answer given by clicking on the stars at the top your page.

best wishes

RL

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Many thanks for your time and help, fingers crossed she was just having a bad day, eh...
and of course I will rate you, kind regards Lucy