Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Ben - I received some help from you yesterday with regard to

Hi Ben - I received some help from you yesterday with regard to a contract I’m trying to get out of.
Upon further inspection of the contract, I have noticed that they have got my Business name is ***** ***** referred to me as Mr Nicola with no surname - it should read Miss Nicola West, and the type of business detailed is incorrect.
Could this be further grounds for me to cancel the contract?
Also, if this does go to court as threatened, my only defence would be that I wasn’t aware that I was signing a ‘contract’ just that I was happy with the advertisement proposal - which I actually wasn’t but felt pressured and realised that something wasn’t right and wanted to just end the meeting. I wasn’t shown a contract just handed an iPad and asked to sign in a box. Very stupid of me now looking back.
I hope this all makes sense

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I am in court today but will get back to you with my answer at the earliest opportunity. Many thanks

Hi there, these are rather trivial matters to be honest and will not be seen as a serious breach of contract, to a degree where you can argue the whole contract would be void. If used in court as grounds to void the contract, the court would just replace them with the correct information and allow the contract to continue.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
is there anyway we could have a phone call, there’s quite a bit more to this that I’m struggling to explain with messages?

Not with me unfortunately as I am engaged for the rest of the week with court work but if you request a call on here it will be open to all other experts and if someone is free they will take it.