31090051

I'm based in Scotland. My aunt has passed away. Funeral

Hi, I'm based in Scotland. My aunt has passed away. Funeral tomorrow. She has left everything to be split between her two sons and their sister, my cousin Nicola.
The two younger brothers have been to the solicitor dealing with my aunts affairs. (Apparently one in the firm is also the solicitor for one of the brothers who is in business)
A letter was issued yesterday from the solicitors written as if Nicola had given them instruction. It basically starts off 'I Nicola """"", authorise you to accept instructions from any of the other two excecutors of my mothers estate. I grant my brothers (name and name) full power and authority to give instructions on behalf of all three of us. I accept that we will all be legally bound by instructions issued by any of the three of us.
To cut a long story short, the two brothers want to get their hands on the family home. They have already had it valued and it is a gross undervaluation, probably to facilitate buying their sister out of the house.
Any opinions welcome please!! Kind regards ***** *****

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Given what you say, under no circumstances should Nicola sigh this. On the contrary she should provide the solicitor with a specific instruction that she is to be kept fully informed and that instructions are to be taken from her as well as the brothers on all matters concerning the estate. The solicitor will need to get a proper valuation of the house as well as an estate agency valuation as to what the house is likely to fetch on the open market. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Thank you so much