How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6430
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I went to mediation based on the proceeds of my house and

This answer was rated:

Hi I went to mediation based on the proceeds of my house and agreed the proposal but did not sign the document, 2 hours after the verbal agreement I changed my mind. I want to take this to court but am worried the judge will throw it out on the 1st day because although unsigned was an agreement in place, any advice would be good
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk Wales
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've emailed my solicitor 2 hours after to say I've changed my mind but she said even though It was unsigned it is still legally binding. My solicitor has made my counter offer to the other side but they are not responding. She said the judge will probably throw it out of court because of the agreement
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Is this in the context of a marriage breakdown?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not a marriage but a 16 year relationship, we were engaged and have 2 children

Thank you.

Can you just give me a little more information in that case - what did you agree to and why have you changed your mind?

plclegal and other Law Specialists are ready to help you