Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

Can smart phone recording be used in the court as a will if

can smart phone recording be used in the court as a will if no will is presence
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: what do you mean
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: none until now
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: inheritance tax also

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i can give yo my phone number to discuss

Yes, covert audio and video recordings from witness's smartphones are an increasingly common feature of court and employment tribunal litigation.

The are admissible in evidence and enjoy the same status as "Documents" rather than "Witness Statements".

Whether the court or tribunal will admit the recording to be considered in evidence in the case will depend on a number of factors such as the clarity of the recording, the circumstances the recording was made, whether it was covert or open and whether the person who was in charge of the recording can attend to give oral evidence verifying the recording.

Please accept the site's offer of a premium service phone call and I will be delighted to speak with you.

https://www.berladgrahamllp.com/practice-areas/inheritance-probate-disputes-contentious-probate/

You advised that your father passed away intestate and you want to rely on the Smart Phone recording of his dying wishes.

You need to instruct a specialist Probate Solicitor qualified in England and Wales to advise you on who to administer his estate and avoid the intestacy rules, especially in relation to inheritance tax.

The above link is to the Probate expert solicitors at my main virtual law firm, Berlad Graham. You should contact the firm via telephone or their online enquiry form and they will be able to assist you.