Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

In 2002 I was put on the sex offenders register for 5 years

In 2002 I was put on the sex offenders register for 5 years having been found guilty on a two to one decision in a magistrates court of a crime that I still strongly aver I did not commit. In addition to the register I was given 12 months probation. After six weeks my probation officer said that she didn't need to see me again. The investigating officer said that the only mistake I had made was in my choice of legal representation.
JA: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?
Customer: Recently I applied for a DBS report and discovered that I am on the barred list for life. Which is more than I would have got for murder! The charge was that I had kissed a girl pupil at the school in which I was teaching. The allegation was for a kiss - nothing further; however, at that time the press was full of high-profile cases of child abuse and, having originally stated that they were charging me of assault, the CPS changed their mind on the day of the trial to one of sexual assault.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No - but I need to and I need advice because this seems grossly out of proportion.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Up until this, my record was completely clean. It became high profile only because my brother was the magician; the late Paul Daniels

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call

The conviction is quite historic and you did not receive a custodial sentence. Therefore, you should instruct specialist criminal defence solicitors to apply to the Magistrates Court to have your name removed from the Sex Offenders Register.