How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Turner Your Own Question
Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1382
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ed Turner is online now

I have given a witness statement over the phone and been

This answer was rated:

Hi, i have given a witness statement over the phone and been sent it to sign, i haven't signed it as i want to withdraw the statement, can i do this?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have spoken to them on the phone they have sent me a statement to sign, nothing else.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information.

What is the subject matter of this issue?

Who have you given the witness statement to?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have given the statement to a police officer, abuse, not by or from me.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i have an answer i need, thank you for your help.

You can always amend or withdraw a statement before you sign it.

If this is a police criminal matter and you do not want to get involved for fear of your own safety, you should tell the police this and not sign the statement.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

Kind regards


Ed Turner and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks will do, one last question, the fact i have given a statement and want to withdraw it before signing means that's the end of the matter? Where do i find the 'closed' part? Thanks