Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I have given a witness statement over the phone and been

Hi, i have given a witness statement over the phone and been sent it to sign, i haven't signed it as i want to withdraw the statement, can i do this?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have spoken to them on the phone they have sent me a statement to sign, nothing else.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information.

What is the subject matter of this issue?

Who have you given the witness statement to?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have given the statement to a police officer, abuse, not by or from me.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i have an answer i need, thank you for your help.

You can always amend or withdraw a statement before you sign it.

If this is a police criminal matter and you do not want to get involved for fear of your own safety, you should tell the police this and not sign the statement.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks will do, one last question, the fact i have given a statement and want to withdraw it before signing means that's the end of the matter? Where do i find the 'closed' part? Thanks