How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 78097
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I need further help from a solicitor on my situation with

This answer was rated:

I need further help from a solicitor on my situation with the police Uk. I have contacted the iPoc but it is with the psd & there is a waiting time of 6 months. I have a restraining order but due to the negligence of police collecting evidence and taken the officer has been withdrawn from the case that as yet no one has been asigned and I am still being stalked. I yet again have phoned the police but no one is collecting the evidence I need help

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

can you give me all the background to your question please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have been in an abusive cohesive relationship including being stabbed. I have tried to explain to the police etc but have been failed due to he also being able to out smart the police. I have evidence and have been trying to get help from the police but they claim they are constantly without manpower. All agencies are involved ie dv, stalking, and they are documenting everything however I am still in fear and he is still coming by my house. I live as if I’m in prison and I’m breaking down from both frustration at the police and fear of my ex. I also have an austistic child of whom I can’t attend to because of my emotional issues and have no existing family to help. I have no children with my ex partner who also is registered by marac as a serial predator. I’m giving up the fight and will to live but I so desperately want to be heard and freed from this situation and obviously I want to live with career prospects... the situation is very lengthy and hard to write the whole scenario. I really need advice as to how I can get help as I’m being failed.

What are you hoping to do about this?

What are you trying to achieve?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The courts have been involved with previous breach of restraining orders he plays the really sorry part gets community service and the harassment starts again and again.

So are you asking if you can force them to charge him?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I want to achieve acknowledgement of how he is also manipulating the police, the law as well as myself. I want justice for what I have endured and I want laws to be changed on how the smaller voice of women can be heard or obtain help in these circumstances

Thank you.

You cannot force them to change their mind about this if they have formed a view that your allegations lack merit. similarly you cannot force them to prioritise your allegations over others.

The job of the Crown is to assess the credibility of complaints. That is something they are entitled and obligated to do.

You are free to complain but that will not do anything to endear yourself to officers. i would never advise a complaint against the police.

Sorry but that is the reality. You can't complain just because they have taken the view your allegations lack merit or are not priority.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He is on bail but still intimidating me. The police are short staffed and really not interested in this aspect of the law. But I am a human being that abides to the law of this land. Maslow hierarchy stipulates the first rule of life is safety yet I’m not safe from this man and the law is supposed to protect me so where are my rights.

Your rights are varied and the same as everybody else's in the UK.

They do not extend to have his bail revoked upon allegation only or to being given priority over other complainants I'm afraid.

The police very definitely are interested in breaches of bail. They have just taken a view about these breaches. People are always have their bail revoked and being arrested upon breach. This is not a policy issue.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When this was previously in court pre court trial they issued an order that if he was to break it again even once it would go to crown court. And I’m sorry to say you really don’t know what I have experienced with the police to make an opinion as to how I have suffered with negligence all be it that they are under immense pressure with limited funding however it is still their job to serve and protect and uphold the law of our land.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just also for your information it was another solicitor from this website of whom advised me whilst on a phone call that I had been let down and to contact the iPoc to complain about the officers !
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Whilst I appreciate you have not the full knowledge on my predicament & the long-standing legal issues I would of advised for you to have spoken to me rather than make assumptions that actually I found distressing. However, I have been failed but finally my evidence has become apparent and finally action is being taken. This does not mean it is acceptable for the police to be negligent in their responsibilities to serve & protect. It is their job and whilst I appreciate the circumstances our police force is under, it is that same division that should raise the issues to get the support, funding etc they need. My strength to live and help the systems of our land in an appropriate manner is my goal after my justice is served. I think you need to listen more to the normal person in this country that is trying to make a difference not persecute our law & values. Thank you for your time.