SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I have court tomorrow I don’t know what to do Assistant:

I have court tomorrow I don’t know what to do
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Family argument
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: this is the first court
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t know what you need
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I am talking to my wife she is trying not to proceed but unfortunately the solistor said you can’t stop it
I don’t know what shall I say tomorrow

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Have you filed your evidence as directed by the court?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Nothing

Is your wife now wishing to withdraw the non molestation order?

As I said above, I am not available to call, but this matter can be dealt with here.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
She want but her solistor saying the judge might enter the social service and she want to avoid our children from the impact of our relationship
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
So I don’t think she want to withdraw

Well of course, this all depends on what your wife said to obtain the order in the first place. Her statement would have been served on you - do you have a copy?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I already sent it above!
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Someone called me just second a go I don’t know he said a solistor from this website
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Are you there?

Yes, once I reject the call (because I already said I am not available to call you), the call goes out to other lawyers on the site. DId you get advice from them or would you like to continue here?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I told them I am with you so they hang up

What you sent was a copy of the order - your wife would have completed a statement and that is what I have asked for.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I didn’t receive anything a part from what I send you

That would be unusual for someone to make an application for a non molestation order and not to have filed a supporting statement - you need that so you know what accusations your wife has made.

I see, the statement is at the bottom of the document you sent.

Right, I have read the statement and your wife makes serious allegations. However, if she is now wanting to retract those allegations it is likely that the court will expect her to make a formal application to do so.

She will need to complete form FL403, which you can find here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/819379/fl403-eng.pdf

Please be aware that the court does not have to remove the order - if they believe your wife and children continue to be at risk they can leave the order in place. The court can also inform social services to undertake an assessment.

When you attend the hearing tomorrow, if you and your wife are in agreement, you can both inform the judge that she has decided not to proceed with the order and would like it removed (she should complete the FL403 form above).

If this does not occur I would strongly suggest that you prepare a statement in response to your wife's statement, giving your version of what happened or denying her allegations, otherwise you will not have a defence prepared if your wife changes her mind and wants to keep the order in place.

Does that clarify your position?

Do you have any clarification questions?