Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I just wondered if someone could help me, I am struggling to

Hi I just wondered if someone could help me, I am struggling to get a reference from my old manager and she is being very difficult. Meaning I cannot now start a new job without one
Assistant: Has she discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: just wanted some advice in what to do
Assistant: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: no she has not, it operates with employees
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Unfortunately, a previous employers is under no legal obligation to provide a reference to an ex-employee's prospective employers unless the employment was terminated by way of a formal settlement agreement stipulating this requirement. If your most recent ex employer will not provide a reference, you should approach an earlier one.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd