Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

We have a small residential management company limited by

We have a small residential management company limited by guarantee with 34 members (house owners), three of which are appointed directors. Directors are not paid and act on a voluntary basis. Very small income c. £5k p.a. All maintenance work is carried out by contractors who are NOT employees. Is the Company legally obliged to take out Employers Liability Insurance?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: The Co. has been up and running for 2/3 years but last year we dispensed with services of managing agent and decided to administer it within the community.
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: We are a small housing development - consisting of 33 houses and 9 apartments in Minehead, Somerset
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so - question is - does a co. of this nature with no employees and "volunteer" unpaid directors need Employers Liability Insurance?
Hi thank you for your message, no it is not. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.