Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

I am based in London. Can a sale be invalidated based on the

I am based in London. Can a sale be invalidated based on the fact the Conveyancer turns out he is not on the Roll of Solicitors but posed as a conveyancer. 2nd issue is that the seller cannot be and there are new issues about the property such as the property shouldnot have been sold as there was a court order being prepared. Final issue just got a copy of the Law Society Property form. I can see the conveyancer email address, I have confirmation that person act did act for the seller. I can also see the seller has stated he does NOT live at the property yet the sellers solicitor did the KYC/AML on the same property address he stated he does not live at. I have escalated the profile of the solicitor to the SRA. the solicitor or acting person is under a UK firm but he his actually seen to be regulated in West Africa and wrks for the West African firm. I repeat he 'acted as the conveyancer on this property verified by the buys solicitor.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: reported to regulatory body
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi How can I help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Can you please provide a reply to my question. Thank you

Are you free to talk? It would be better

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No

The Conveyancer does not have to be a Solicitor - can be a Licence Conveyancer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He is not licenced anywhere and not found on SRA, Law Society or CLC and if he is a conveyancer he would be regulated by the SRA

Was he a foreign lawyer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It appears so I dont think the buyer checked well as all of these dsicrepancies have been found. We found him to work in a Nigerian law firm owned by one the UK firms partners. No practising licence

I see - you can obtain the file of papers to see what work was done and who did what?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.