Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Form N244 help on question 3... What order are you asking

Customer Question

Form N244 help on question 3... What order are you asking the court to make and why?
JA: I'm just trying to get information to help you.
Customer: My ex-wife breached an order to not sell off certain possessions of mine from the former family home but did so, I'm after the replacement value of the items sold but don't know in legal terms what I'm asking of the court and what type of order I'm to apply for.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The court have told me I need to make a formal application.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The question is above?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
JA: I'm just trying to get information to help you.
Customer: My ex-wife breached an order to not sell off certain possessions of mine from the former family home but did so, I'm after the replacement valueof the items sold but don't know in legal terms what I'm asking of the court and what type of order I'm to apply for.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The court have told me I need to make a formal application.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

But whats the application you are making for?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm after the replacement value of the items she sold but know what type of order I'm asking the court to make.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

Is there an ongoing County Court claim?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No, it's family court. There was an order made that she was not to sell some specific items but did.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

And you want them back?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I want financial compensation to replace the sold items.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The judge has told me to make a formal application to the court supported by a comprehensive witness statement setting out the basis for my claim together with a schedule of contents I maintain should have been transferred to me.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It's the type of order I'm applying for that I need to know for question 3 on the form N244
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Question 3 asks what type of order are you applying for and why?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

Ah ok.

Then it is form N244. I didnt realise you had ongoing County Court proceedings.

1. That the (ex) do pay you (value) in relation to items sold.

Its then in box 10 you set out your statement of case

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is there a specific type of order I need apply for?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

No, thats it.

Dont need to have draft order.

The wording is as above.

Does that clarify?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 day ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.