How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 63493
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I would like to visit Nashville for a holiday but my husband

This answer was rated:

I would like to visit Nashville for a holiday but my husband has a criminal conviction for assault on my brother how can I apply for a visa for him I live in uk
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He was finned no time served

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

How long ago was he convicted and what penalty did he receive at the time?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
October 4th 2018

OK thank you, and did he receive any penalty at the time?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Are we still online
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No £500 fine

HI there. Yes we are. Please can you tell me what penalty he received?

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Would you like to see disclosure

Many thanks for your patience. Due to the fact he was arrested and convicted, you would have to disclose this to the US authorities and he would not be eligible for visa-free travel. It means he would have to apply for a tourist visa to visit.


You can do this online, directly via the US Embassy in London:


Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you

All the best

Ben Jones and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you