How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6313
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I'm having the most awful time the past 7 months with my

Customer Question

I'm having the most awful time the past 7 months with my poor elderly disabled mum and her housing association. After 7 months I've made a complaint and they won't even reply to me or my mum
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Essex, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: In regards to?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My mum falls under the equality act 2010 and yet they seem don't seem to care about her care
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, what was your complaint regarding? Have they given any reason for the delayed response?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This has been going on for 7 months. Its a very long story. My owns a part buy part rent flat. She is in extreme financial difficulty and at risk of loosing her home. In the Capital Funding g Guide it says they are allow downward staircasing in exceptional circumstances. Its been going back and forth between Moat Housing and Homes of England.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Moat had a board meeting and then said they rejected it due to my mums financial situation and health.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My mum is virtually blind and I'm her sole carer and live in the same development. The council have been round and said without my care and help she wouldn't be able to survivex
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They have made many loop holes and not followed there own guidelines and policies.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My local MP has been invovled and even struggling with them
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have also written to the housing minister and his told me to work with Moat as they will help my mum find a solution
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They wont explain and justify there reason and now ignoring all my emails and it says they respond to complaints in three days and I havent heard a thing
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, well the next step is a complaint to the housing ombudsman. The Housing Ombudsman Service is set up by law to look at complaints about housing providers including housing associations. They can then look to resolve the complaint and have the authority to influence the housing association. You or your mum can complain to them here:

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.