INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have absolute power of attorney over my mothers affairs

Customer Question

I have absolute power of attorney over my mothers affairs due to her mental state however before this she made a will which i believe she would change due to circumstances regarding certain members of the family what is my legal position
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Caerphilly borough council south Wales
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none so far my mother is in hospital and is very ill and if she comes out of hospital she will have to go into care, i have arranged for her house to be valued and her savings are in her account but i am the only one with access to it
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that the people concerned are her deceased husbands children to which she has left a share of the house
Expert:  INC Law replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your query. What exactly is it you would like to know about this?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can I over ride the will
Expert:  INC Law replied 11 days ago.

No, you cannot override the Will. Only a Court can do that.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks