JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I manufactured a bespoke oak front door, england, i

Customer Question

I manufactured a bespoke oak front door
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: england
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i manufactured it in 2014 Dec was due to fit it but was very ill so customer was going to pick it up and arrange someone else to fit it. asked me if I would store it until he was ready. After 12 months I started chasing him as we were putting our house on the market.he finally picked it up in May 2016 was over the moon. Told him how to store it if he still wasn’t ready.We moved in Sept 2016. Mobile/ workplace/email unchanged. No communication till 1st Jan 18 - I got an email saying he wanted a full refund as he wasn’t happy and it didn’t fit and if he didn’t get a full refund he’d take me to court. I have no idea what has happened to the door between May 16 and Jan 18. I wrote back telling him that. No communication back. Nov 19 money claims court. Defence has to be in by 13th Feb - court date April
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: help stress anxious no idea how to defend - or law surely he is out of time and if there was a fitting issue he would have needed to report it before jan 18...
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 8 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) happy to help you today.

Has the court sent you login details to respond to the claim? Or a paper "response pack" - see attached?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Response pack sent acknowledgement of service back defending whole claim
Claimant didn’t send me his copy and mine to him was returned by the post office
However he did send it to the court
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It would have to be tomorrow
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Will you be online around 11 am
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 8 days ago.

Are you free to continue with the question online as I can't take a call.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 8 days ago.

So the defence needs to take the format of the attached - it has to say which allegation of the claimant's particulars is admitted, or denied.

If you take a look at the link here it shows you what is required: -

www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part16#16.5

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 8 days ago.

Sorry, wrong template - correct one now attached!

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 days ago.

Hi, I hope I’ve answered your question. Please let me know if anything requires clarification.

In the meantime if you could either leave a star rating, or reply “yes”, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Jim