How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1990
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

A false allegation was made against me by my step son he

Customer Question

Hi a false allegation was made against me by my step son he claimed I dragged him upstairs and threw him on the bed braking the bed. He told the school and they informed social services. Social services have the complaint on file but haven’t spoken to myself about it only my partner. Is there anything I can do about it or how will it affect me in the future having this allegation in place ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Southampton uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing so far I found out Friday that a complaint was made at Xmas and my partner spoke to social services but I was told or spoken to
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 months ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 months ago.

How old is your stepson? Does he still live with you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He is 10 yes still lives with us
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 months ago.

How did you come to find out that an allegation was made against you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The school reported us to social services because our 9 month old had a bruise on his head social services turned up and took my baby and wide to hospital to have him checked while there it came out from the social worker about the allegation our son was checked over and given the all clear
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for the clarification.

Kindly give me a minute to type a response to you.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 months ago.

Thanks again for your patience.

It seems based on what you have said, that having done the investigation services decided there was no merit in the allegation and as such decided to not pursue the matter further. You may however, check with them to ensure you are no longer being investigated.

If social services has concerns about the welfare or safety of a child they are permitted to record all relevant details, regardless of whether or not the concerns are shared with either the police or any other relevant third party. So that may account for them keeping a record of the complaint having been made.

In circumstances however where child welfare concerns are found to not necessitate a referral to children‟s social care or the police they are required to destroy the record a year after the child/adult concerned ceases to use the service unless the child or adult are continuing to use your organisation. As such, they will usually keep this information file for a year.

I hope this helps. Do let me know if I may be of further assistance. Kindly indicate whether you accept the answer given. You may do this by clicking on the stars at the top of the page.

All the best