How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 797
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

I am from Manchester, Uk. My spouse lives abroad he has got

This answer was rated:

Hi I am from Manchester, Uk. My spouse lives abroad he has got the spouse visa today, but I do not want him to come here in Manchester. How can I stop him from entering in Uk?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have not taken any steps yet. I live in United Kingdom from Manchester and British citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: no I haven’t
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s all at present

Hi How can help?

Has something happened to stop him coming? Can you kindly explain?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No I have not taken any step as yet wanted to get some guidance how to take action and what needs to be done?

Are you free to talk?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

Are you still in a relationship and the marriage broken down?

I can do it for a reduced price

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I Have not gone through separation yet, but I do not want him to come UK
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No, thank you we can talk here

If you marriage is not subsisting or durable you can write to the Marriage Curtailment Team in the UK.

Alterantively you can attach a statement via email and send it to the Embassy that issued the visa.

You would however need to explain why you wish for his visa to be revoked/curtailed. The Home Office would then investigate the circumstances

UK Visas and Immigration
Marriage Curtailment Team
7th Floor
The Capital
New Hall Place
L3 9PP

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have already written to them on 20 January 2020 and he still got the visa

UK Visas and Immigration
Marriage Curtailment Team
7th Floor
The Capital
New Hall Place
L3 9PP

Thank you

They have properly not received your letter or fully investigated it. You need to write back to the Home Office with a copy of the visa so they can look into the matter in more detail.

If he does enter the UK -UKVI can still cancel his visa even if he enters the UK on a Spouse visa.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
By the time it happens he will come to Uk, because he has got the visa any immediate action that I can take?

You can contact the Home Office and let them know of this - send in a copy of the visa with reasons why

020 7035 4848 - Home Office contact number

Thank you and enjoy the rest of your evening.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok thank you, Any other details like email?

The Home Office will be able to provide you with the exact email address and where this should be sent. In the interim, you should send a email to the Embassy where visa was issued and they can also contact UKVI at the airport if necessary.

Lawyer21 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Before you go, I would be grateful if you would give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it