plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Who has a voice at a child protection meeting. Does a person

Customer Question

Who has a voice at a child protection meeting. Does a person listed on the CPP able to have a voice
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Family and social services. Uk
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I’ve been on a child protection plan for nearly a year and no new evidence and no one is listening to me. My current partner is the one who is listed but hasn’t had a voice and I have no concerns with him. My concerns are with my ex partner
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That my current partners children were on a CPP plan but was closed and social services aren’t taking that into consideration
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No one is listening that my 3 year old has disclosed two accounts of dv from her dad who is my ex and no one cares
Expert:  plclegal replied 19 days ago.

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

To clarify - your kids are on a CP plan because of your current partner's history of having involvement with CP, but this was closed?

When did your daughter make the allegation about her father and in what context?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Yes current partner had involvement with CP and due to his past which I must add was all lies from Social services but case was closed with no concerns
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
My daughter made allegations in January that her dad my ex hit her
Expert:  plclegal replied 19 days ago.

OK, so please clarify on what basis have they escalated to CP for your child if his case was closed with no concerns, and what they are saying the concerns are?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
They have said his past is a concern
Expert:  plclegal replied 19 days ago.

OK, then this is crazy, if his case was closed with no further concerns/ actions.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Can anyone help me to fight this
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
As they’ve now told me I will loose my child if she’s still on a CPP
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
???
Expert:  plclegal replied 19 days ago.

Can you please tell me why you are being told that you will lose your child if she remains on CP? What have you been told that you need to do to de-escalate this?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
As plan isn’t moving forward
Expert:  plclegal replied 19 days ago.

OK, and what have you specifically been told that you can do at this stage to move the CP plan forward? And have you done this?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
To engage with the plan which I have
Expert:  plclegal replied 19 days ago.

Then you need to seek regular written feedback, confirmation in writing of the reasons why you remain under CP and a clear outline plan of the work the LA propose to do with you in order to progress things. I hope this helps?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
They aren’t listening
Expert:  plclegal replied 18 days ago.

Then perhaps you need to approach a solicitor and have them attend the next CP conference with you to put across your views as nothing you have told me suggests that CP is a proportionate framework at this stage.

You can search locally here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I hope this helps?

Expert:  plclegal replied 17 days ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Can I assist you further with your question?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 12 days ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 9 days ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter