12826847

Must appear in the magistrate court on Friday for a football

Customer Question

Good morning Pearl, must appear in the magistrate court on Friday for a football Offences charge of going into a restricted area alongside the pitch ,act 1991. I have never been in trouble with the law for my 38years on this earth. The only reason I entered that area as an elderly fan stormed the pitch after the final whistle and he was very heavily handled and I saw and heard signs of distress so I went over to try and calm the steward's down
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I sent an appeal to West ham the day after receiving a ln indefinite ban, heard nothing from them since just recieved a summons with the same date on it as the west ham banning letter, so they didn't even read my appeal where I told them the reason for me entering that area
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a flawless record never been in trouble with the law, never been associated with any so called"football hooligans" I am a chartered professional, and certified mental health first aider, first aider and SMSTS qualified
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

what would you like to know about this please

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Will this charge be a black mark against my name? If found guilty will I have a criminal record? What are the chances of me winning the case as I have contacted a solicitor as I believe I acted out of duty of care and had no intention on being in that area? Is £1750 vat excluded a reasonable charge for a solicitor in a case like this?
If you couldn't answer these it would be much appreciated
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

If you are convicted then that will be on your record.

You might actually get legal aid anyway but if you are trialing then a barrister under public access will be much cheaper than a solicitor. If you tell me which court you are before I could make some referrals.