12826847

I have a dispute about a charge by Parking Eye. No lawyer

Customer Question

Good morning. I have a dispute about a charge by Parking Eye.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No lawyer yet. In the UK.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Responded to all their letters and given information which they have not acted on.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please connect me.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

what happened in first place please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I received a charge for £100 for my car being parked in a Holiday Inn car park for more than 2 hours. I was not the driver of the car, it was being used by a visitor to the UK who was a registered guest at the hotel. I have informed Parking Eye 3 times of this fact, including the drivers name. They are persisting in demanding a charge from me, and have not taken any steps to pursue the information I supplied. It is obvious they have not confirmed with Holiday Inn that the driver was registered there, and not liable for any parking fees.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My thoughts are these : 1. Parking Eye are reluctant to pursue an overseas driver because they have no rights outside this country ? 2. They have my name as the car owner, so are pursuing me as the easiest option, despite being told the drivers name.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No answers after 10 minutes ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No answers after 20 minutes ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Now 30 minutes without a response. I have now recorded this thread and taken screenshots. I will be applying for a chargeback from my card payment on the basis that the service I paid for has not been delivered. I will use the same information to warn others of the non-effectiveness of this service, that they should not be charged for a service that does not exist.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

Please can you give me time to respond. The reason for the delay is that you keep posting before i have answered.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

So I presume you don't want an answer now.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You finally respond after 1 hour 8 minutes. Not even the good manners to ask if I would wait ? To say I keep posting is rubbish - one line every 10 minutes to let you know I was waiting. I shall add this to my chargeback claim with my card company.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

You did actually post with no reply on 5 separate occasions. I can't give you priority over others. Good luck with this.