Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

We have a washing machine which as been insured for the last

hi we have a washing machine which as been insured for the last 11 yeras by knowhow. on saturday we had a engineer who said he was writing off the washer and not doing any repairs and we would get a voucher in 5 working days. then yesterday somebody from knowhow rang up and said they were not writin it off and we had to have it repaired. were do we stand?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: sheffield
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: my wife rang up today and the 1st one she spoke to said he didnt see a problem and put her through to someone else who said we had to have it repaired
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

What reason did they provide for the change?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
they said we had been given the wrong information. but the engineer checked with his manager before confirming the write off

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. Just because the first engineer said it is a write off, does not mean that this is necessarily the case and that they must proceed on that basis. If there is still an option to repair it, they can request that this is what should happen – after all, they are the ones providing the insurance cover and they will be able to decide which way to proceed. So if their final decision is that it must be repaired, unless you have pretty solid evidence that it is beyond repair and it won’t fix anything, you will have to go ahead with a repair rather than compensation.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Yes thanks

All the best