12826847

I’m a romanian citizen, i’ve been in the uk for 11 years.

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: hello, i’m a romanian citizen, i’ve been in the uk for 11 years. i’d like to apply for a shotgun license . the issue is i’ve been convicted in romania for 3 years for trespassing, in 2011. does this hinder my situation? my record has been clear ever since
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i am romanian i am living in uk i got fac courses but because i applied they see because i was convicted in romania i am not allowed
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: i have friends on shooting center with licence and they was convictid in the past
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
So what do you think? What other info should we provide?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

The reality is that this could have an impact.

I'm afraid that shotgun licences are really subject to the discretion of the chief constable and convictions obviously are a factor but the chief constable tends to be fairly risk adverse.

The fact that you have had a clean record for 8 years is helpful but you cannot ignore the fact of a previous conviction.