12826847

I have just received a call from Credit Investigation

I have just received a call from Credit Investigation Services advising I have to pay £160 fine relating to a parking ticket issued on 2/3/1016 which I appealed as I had a parking permit. If I don’t pay half the balance today they will issue a court order. They contacted me on the 4/10/19 stating they had sent photos showing no permit to the emial address I supplied, but I did not receive and advised at the time. They are now saying it has to be paid or they will issue a summons.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: can they do this? Issued in Norwich by National
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Parking not at this stage he says pay the money so as not to go to court. I no longer have the permit to show it was even in place as it was so long ago and I thought it was sorted
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much is this service please

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Who issued the fine please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I believe National Parking

Are you asking if you are liable?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can’t afford that . If I pay the money they want I won’t be able to afford my bills

Ok, so what is your question?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do I have to pay despite having no paperwork (because I thought it was resolved after I emailed director with image of the permit) and can they force me to pay half today? They are threatening me with summons if not, and I genuinely can’t afford it.

The short answer is that it depends. Having a permit is not the same thing as displaying it. If the signs at the location are silent upon the point then you might well have a challenge. If they ask you to display a permit though then you do not.

The chances that they would actually issue are fairly low anyway because this is a private land fine and it is quite expensive for them to sue but there is a risk that they could.

I wouldn't take much notice of the debt collectors though. They always say things like this and it is not up to them.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much. My permit was on display, I challenged the charge at the time and emailed back and forth with a director at NP. I genuinely thought all was resolved and have non of the evidence any more as my PC broke and the letters were thrown away early last year when we moved house, because we had not heard anything about it for over three years!

If that is right then that is just debt collectors trying to chase up some funds.

Tell them that you won't be paying and invite them to Sue if they disagree.