Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

When on holiday got travel insurance when on holiday and my

Customer Question

When on holiday got travel insurance when on holiday and my wife broke her leg about 6 days after. Insurance company is now saying that they're not paying out because we were already there yeah when we took out the insurance can you please help me
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Cyprus
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None apart from the insurance company telling us that they're not going to pay
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon

I do not see the relevance of you already being on holiday when you took out the policy.

If your wife suffered from a pre- existing condition that was not disclosed to the insurer then I can understand their view should a subsequent claim be made in respect of that condition.

However, this cannot possibly apply to a broken leg.

I would give point this out and give them another opportunity to accept the claim failing which you can complain about them to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You can make the complaint online.

If there are any further points kindly reply I will be happy to respond.

Otherwise please either accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael