Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Can i take action on someone in india, i am in uk, nothing

Customer Question

Can i take action on someone in india
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: i am in uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing just been asking the person to pay back the money he got from me
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: this money was for his uni fee which I paid and now he is not givening back
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, was this a friend? if so do you have clear evidence this was a loan he agreed to repay rather than a gift?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
he is my husband nephew
Hi thank you for your message, unfortunately, although you might be able to obtain the judgement in the uk you would not be able to enforce it as the defendant is not resident in the U.K. this will also prevent you serving papers on the defendant. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.