How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70384
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I brought some goods on line and the whole order has gone

Customer Question

I brought some goods on line and the whole order has gone wrong the wrong goods had been sent i contacted the seller and informed them of this and was told to take and send a photo to prove this this was done and i was told to return them at my expense as this cost £186.00 i then had to cancel this order and asked for a full refund this has been going on since the end of January as an elderly disabled person i am at my witts end and can't afford this extra cost and this company is not helping and when i contact them i get the runaround
JA: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: Thank you the purchase was made on the Sunday the 26 Jan with a company called I Whant Wallpaper Of eurotrade ltd SHentonfield road Wythenshawe M22 4RW Phone***********JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have sent E-mails and telephone them all to no avail to finnish the decarting i had to buy from a nother supplier
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I live in cheshunt Herts EN8 0SUmy name is***** telphone is***********
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.

Have they provided you with any reason at all for the delay in processing your refund?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above:

Have they provided you with any reason at all for the delay in processing your refund?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
To date no
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.

Thank you. Assuming your bank or card provider cannot help you, then your only option would be to consider making a claim for compensation against the trader.

If a party wishes to pursue another for financial compensation arising out of a dispute between them, they can do so by making a claim in the civil courts. As legal action should ideally be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve lawyers or the courts. These can be summarised below and it is recommended the following procedure is followed to try and progress this matter further:

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party must be sent a formal ‘letter before action’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time, usually 7 to 14 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for the compensation in question. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.

3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to Once the claim form is completed a copy will be sent to the other side and they will have a limited time to defend it. Once they are aware that legal proceedings have commenced it may also force them to reconsider their position and perhaps prompt them to contact you to try and resolve this.

As a final tip, it is always advisable to keep copies of any correspondence sent and received as the courts would like to refer to it if it ever gets that far.

Does this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.

My response to your query should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to it? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to confirm this by replying on here. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you