How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1194
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I am wrongly accused for child care grant. My child care

This answer was rated:

I am wrongly accused for child care grant. My child care provided messed my form and they denied it. For that reason student loan company accused me of trying to fraud them. I need help as I am a current student at the university living with three children
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Bedford
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have taken several steps. All they have asked me for. I have a social worker who invested the matter and wrote student loan company a letter, but they did not address it. I am registered in a health course, they spoke to me on phone that they have made me ineligible
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Investigated*
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I would like to confirm if I can get legal aid. My education means a lot to me so I can get funding to complete my studies, thereafter get a job so I can take care of my children.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I would be to wait for a professional to handle my case. I feel robbed of my education and discriminated.
Many thanks

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see fi I may be able to assist.

What exactly was the accusation? What has happened since you were wrongfully accused?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks for your message.
It was a negligence on my my child care form by my child provider who is now denying that she did not completed the form and sent it to student loan company. I was therefore accused that I was trying to defraud student loan company from child care grant and my fees and maintenance loan was stopped. Now I am left with my education at a risk, also my maintenance loan as my main income to take care my family as a single parent. I can't work now as I am in full time education with three children to care for.
I have three children and they are entitled to child care as I study full time at the university.
Student loan representative is forcing me to accept what I did not do and I refused because I am Innocent and I refused to be discriminated with such serious allegation.
What steps has the university taken against you since this allegation?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The university has informed me that my education is at risk as they need to receive my fees from student loan company as an eligible student. Also they informed that I wouldn't be able to graduate and start working if my fees are not paid. £9,250 per year.
My student union called student loan on phone that they think it is as a result of negligence on the child care part and their part as they would address the mistake rather putting a blame on me which is now having impact on my education. Student union advised that I seek legal advice to clear this.
Thank you for the clarification and additional information.

I am truly sorry for what has happened and it seems to me that the matter is not being properly investigated.

I would recommend that you put a formal
Written complaint in with the university. You should challenge the allegations being made against you as well as the way the matter is being dealt with. All universities are required to have internal Complaints procedures in place.

If after having done this you receive no response from the university or the matter is not resolved favourably , I would recommend that you raise an external Complaint with the office of the independent adjudicator. Please see their details below :
You may find them to be very helpful. They are ableTo Review your complaint and make recommendations to the university as how best to proceed.

I hope I was able to clarify things for you. Kindly let me know if I may be able to assist.

Kindly indicate whether you accept the answer given by clicking on the stars at the top of the page.

All the best
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks for your message.
I would take advice as soon as possible and I would come back and inform you about the outcome.
This is very helpful
Kind Regards

Hi Demi you are welcome. You may raise a further query by asking the question to be forwarded to Readylaw.


ReadyLaw, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1194
Experience: Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
ReadyLaw and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you