12826847

I want to know if there is a way I can check if there is a

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I want to know if there is a way I can check if there is a warrant for my arrest in the Uk ? I am currently abroad and would prefer to deal with the matter
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Spain
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None I have made a call as suggested by one solicitor but that doesn’t work
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.

There are four potential options.

1. Instruct a solicitor to enquire on your behalf. They may charge for that but usually the police will tell them if there is a warrant

1. Call yourself and ask but the answer may well be that they won’t tell you unless you surrender in person and prove your identity.

1. Surrender in person and ask. The risk of that is that they will just arrest you if there is a warrant.

1. Make a freedom of information request for any information upon you but that can take 40 days.