UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

I was in a road traffic accident nearly 5 months ago...

Customer Question

I was in a road traffic accident nearly 5 months ago... never saw a police officer but now they want to interview me. Can I still be prosecuted for a traffic crime?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I’m a solicitor and I’m happy to help with your question today. There may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. Please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you.

You can still be prosecuted because injury claims have a limitation of 3 years and property damage claims have a limitation of 6 years from the date of the accident.

I hope this helps. Please leave a rating by clicking the stars at the top of the page. Thank you, John.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can I be charged with a road traffic offence though still such as leaving the scene of an accident?

Yes

If that is what you did and it has been proven , you can still be charged with that.