Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

What happens if he declares himself bankrupt?

Customer Question

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Will the claim extend to his personal holdings as well?
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 10 days ago.

Yes, if someone has a debt of this magnitude and then their personal assets can be obtained to pay the sums due. A persona cannot simply just make themselves bankrupt to avoid paying debt. When someone is bankrupt their debts don't just disappear. However if they are successful in doing this the you may still get a percentage of what you are owed.

I hope that has answered your question.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If his stuff is in the name of his family?

No just the things that he owns sadly.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hmm ok thank u for the information in any case

A persons family assets cannot be removed to pay someone else debts by law. If he has assets such as a car, furnishings or even a home in his name then these would be taken into consideration.

I hope this information has helped.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 7 days ago.

Ross

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 4 days ago.

Ross