SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Husband committed a crime 18vyears ago. But I need him th

Customer Question

Husband committed a crime 18vyears ago. But I need him th visit me in YK dye to poor health. He us also going to decorate my home.
JA: Where is the husband? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Need him to visit UK
JA: What steps has the husband taken so far?
Customer: None yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 7 months ago.

hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. What crime did he commit and where did he commit it? Has he been to the UK before? If he was, was he deported or he left of his own will?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He was deported. The crime was cocaine had been put in his bag. He thought he was delivering Jamaican Coffee, which was to start a distributor selling it in UK.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He had got off the plane at Gatwick from Jamaica. He spent 4.4 months of a 9 yr sentence in Belmarsh Prison UK. He had good references from the staff who found him a model prisoner. So the prison may still have his records. He was released about 2005. He had been to the UK was before that ill fated trip.He had not committed any offence before or after this one

Hi thank you for the further information. Regrettably with a 9 year sentence he is very unlikely to secure the visitors' visa. You may need to engage a solicitor to apply under the human rights route but I would not want for you to be too optimistic because the Home Office has the sole discretion and they place public interest at the top of their priority. I hope this is useful and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience