12826847

Work van was stolen last year and my employer what me the

Customer Question

Work van was stolen last year and my employer what me the employee to cover cost and the cost Of co workers tools even tho the co worker tools where stolen off his previous company
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Co worker is the manger
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee no not part of union
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Two weeks ago got pulled over by police in works van as it was didn’t have mot as a result now getting points on licence
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. Please may you clarify, is your question with regard to the van being stolen last year or with regards to what happened when you were pulled over by police 2 weeks ago? And what reason is your employer giving for telling you to pay for the cost of the van and the tools? Is there an allegation of negligence on your part in anyway that they are claiming contributed or caused the losses?