INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I opened a bank account. I had this bank account under my

Hello my name Danny. And I opened a bank account. I had this bank account under my previous name which was closed by the bank’s decisions but when I changed my name from my previous to Danny to open a new one under the same bank and I filled out my application form, they didn’t ask if I was known as a previous name or not. I have emailed them I have changed my name alongside with the deed poll I used to tell them. Should I be okay legally ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: You can see what actions I took if you read everything.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s all

Thank you for your query. What exactly is your question in relation to this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My name is***** opened a bank account. I had this bank account under my previous name which was closed by the bank’s decisions but when I changed my name from my previous to Danny to open a new one under the same bank and I filled out my application form, they didn’t ask if I was known asa previous name or not. I have emailed them I have changed my name alongside with the deed poll I used to tell them.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Should I be okay legally ?

Thanks for the clarification. If you have not been asked whether you have been known by any previous name, you have not done anything wrong.

The ultimate decision whether you are permitted an account is with the bank itself.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had a account previously the bank shutdown which was under my previous name. Now I have changed my name and the bank has accepted me under the name I am known as but didn’t ask if I was know by any previous name when I applied. Should I send my documents of a deed poll to be safe ? I have made numerous of disputes which is why the bank has closed down my account and if this was some how was going to come back to me I would like to have had proof I did provide extra details to tell them to be sure.

If youbhave already informed them that you changed your name, I would suggest that you do not do anything further unless they ask you for further information, if at all.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But I have not informed them and they did not ask when I applied through a application online.

You should inform them younhave changed your name by deed poll and supply a copy.

many thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Even if they did not ask I should inform them ?

If you have been asked the question whether youbhave been known by any other name, you should inform them.

If not, it is not necessary at this stage.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If I have to supply a copy. Can I send a email ? Because I think they may have a policy or procedure by going into a branch but I can’t as I’m busy with work and by the time I’m done they’re closed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
A email should be fine as a evidence of receipt ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do I have to follow their procedures ? I want to send them a email to let them know. This should be receipt of evidence ?