JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

How much is it to use this service once the 7 day trial

How much is it to use this service once the 7 day trial ends?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Does the cost vary per area too then?
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Not sure this is working?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure this is working correctly?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

What is your question about, please?

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Can I assist you with your question?

Kind regards,

Peter

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have an online shop www.britishsnoring.co.uk where we sell to consumers. Some of our products are mandibular advancement devices and need moulding. What can we say in terms of refunds etc issued to customers who either mess up the moulding process and want their money back or change their mind. These are quite expensive products. Can we get away with saying that due to hygiene reasons we cannot issue refunds, or would we have to put tamper proof seals on to be able to do this? ie what are the general rights?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for clarifying your question - now you have done I can see it's not my area so I'll opt out for a colleague to assist Kind regards, Peter

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Since my question to Peter, I haven't yet heard back from anyone or have a new solicitor introduce themselves. Can I just check that someone is looking into my question?
I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
Oleksandra-Moderator

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) happy to help you today.

Yes, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, given the items are personalised to your customer, and the fact they are worn - so hygiene issues come in to play and the seal is broken - they are exempt....

(see para 28 here: www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/made).

So to protect yourself fully, ensure the products are sealed when you send them to the customer. This all assumes you sell at a distance - so they pay either over the telephone or online. It seems this is the case as you have an online shop. The above would mean they have no right to cancel the order or to obtain a refund.

I hope this helps? If you would kindly leave me a 5 star rating (at the top of your screen), any follow up questions are welcomed and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok great. So just to clarify for all of our hygiene products we can state on our websiteWe are sorry but due to hygiene reasons we are unable to offer refunds or exchanges unless the product is faulty. Do we need to make reference on the site regarding the tamper seal?

Hi there, yes, I would say that due to hygiene and health and safety reasons, the products are sealed - so once opened you cannot accept refunds. This complies with the law which I outlined so you would be fine.

Is this OK?

JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience: Senior Associate Solicitor
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, just another question.. can we only say that to our products that are personalised to the customer ie ones they have to mould or would we be able to say this for hygiene products that don't need to be moulded ie standard size mouth guards etc?

I would go with the hygiene term (not personalisation) - so the hygiene term with the seal should be stated within your terms and conditions but to avoid any doubt you can also refer to the items which are personalised too