Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

My friend is in Wymott Prison near Preston and he would like

Customer Question

My friend is in Wymott Prison near Preston and he would like a legal aid solicitor to help him with medical negligence, is there anyone that could go and see him?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Both my friend and I have been born and live in the UK . Neither of us have talked to a lawyer about this.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My friend has just asked me to look for a legal aid solicitor to help him with a medical negilence claim because the prison stopped (for a while) his epilepsy medicine.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My friend's name is***** and the prison stopped the medication (although it has been started again now, I don't know how long it was stopped for) because Billy had a seizure and the prison said he had been taking recreational drugs.
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 17 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 17 days ago.

Your friend may have a claim for personal injury against the defendant, HM Prison Service for which their Insurers will be “on risk” and pay any damages and costs settlement or court award in your friend's favour.

Your friend should instruct a firm of specialist claimant personal injury solicitors who will be able to act for you on a Conditional Fee Agreement Basis (“CFA”) (“No-Win, No-Fee”) whereby you will not pay your own legal costs if you lose the claim, but if you are successful, the defendant’s insurers will pay your legal costs as well as your damages.

Your solicitors will be able to take your friend through the claims process, arrange expert medical examinations and other investigative and rehabilitation treatment on your behalf and argue for the highest damages settlement from the defendant based on your injuries and other financial losses, such as loss of employment earnings as a result of you being off work.

You have three years to issue court proceedings from the date of the accident or the date you knew or ought to have known that you had sustained an actionable injury as a result of the defendant’s conduct. Therefore, if you are going to bring a claim, I recommend that you take action as soon as possible by instructing claimant personal injury solicitors.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 17 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 13 days ago.

Do you still need expert assistance in this matter?

Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

LawyerEd