plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I am divorced and I pay £250 a month for my adopted daughter

Hi I am divorced and I pay £250 a month for my adopted daughter but she has not been living with her for a year now she is in foster care ,what court order form do I need to fill in to stop these payments
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No nothing
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: The family court is in norwich do I need to contact them?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Was this maintenance ordered as part of a court order or by arrangement with the CMS?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It was part of a court order

Thank you - and as a divorce court order or as a stand-alone child maintenance application?

Hello - I didn't hear from you - was this ordered as part of a divorce court order or as a stand-alone child maintenance application?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It was in the divorce court,family court norwich

Thank you. You should be able to do this by filing a form D11 to ask the court to discharge the monthly payments based on the change of circumstances. this is more straightforward than a full application to vary and as the circumstances speak for themselves here I think this is the quickest way to resolve the issue.

The form is here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/856362/D11_web_0616v2.pdf

I hope this assists?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you on the form it asks what court order I'm applying for ,is there a name for it ?

"An order to vary the previous court order dated **** in order to discharge the child maintenance payment clause".

I hope this clarifies things?

If so, please take a second to rate my response with 5 stars as this will credit me for my time.

Thanks and do let me know if you have further questions, follow ups are part of the service, even if you have already taken the time to rate for me.

Kind regards,

Peter

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Can I assist you further with your question?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter