12826847

Yesterday I got a fixed penalty notice for having the phone

Customer Question

Hello, yesterday I got a fixed penalty notice for having the phone in my hand while driving. It is my first time when I receive a penalty. I got 6 points and 200 pounds. Is it possible to something about this?
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: I got it on M74 in Scotland. I live in England. I didin't talk with an attorney.
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: At this time no. Because I have the fixed penalty notice I dont know if should a pay it or go to court It is my first time when I receive a penalty notice
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I didin't use the phone while I was driving. I was getting the phone from my pocket to put it on the dashboard.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 days ago.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 days ago.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I want to know if is anything that I could do regardin this fixed penalty notice.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 days ago.

Do you accept you had the phone in your hand?