Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I am based in London, nothing, I would like to see legal

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am based in London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing, I would like to see legal advise
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's basically a land issue in Iraq but I have received a letter yesterday from UK solicitors firm advising that the case will be taken to High Court here. Does this sound right? If it's an issue in Iraq, can it be transferred to High Court here, in London? Or is it simply a threat to scare?
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information.

Where is the governing jurisdiction of the contract?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
in Iraq

In that case, you should defend the claim on the basis that the Courts of England and Wales have no jurisdiction to hear the claim and it should be struck out as an abuse of process.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd

Do you still need expert assistance in this matter?

Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

LawyerEd