Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Somebody has made a complaint against me at work I was

Hi somebody has made a complaint against me at work I was informed 2weeks ago now but still have no information and am totally in the dark as to what it’s about.is there legally a time frame in which I should be given full information please thanks
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I’m in East Yorkshire UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My agency has pushed for the information and I’ve got a UNISON union rep involved also trying to get the information
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I’m an agency staff nurse working in an NHS Hospital

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Has this person raised a formal grievance against you and if so, is your employer investigating the complaint?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’ve been told it’s being looked into but nothing else
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No thanks

OK no problem re the phone call and thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
All I want to know is is there a time frame legally that they have to tell me what the complaint is at least thanks

Can I please check if the complaint was made at the workplace where you are sent by the agency or to the agency itself?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It was at the work place I was working at

Ok thanks, as you are an agency worker, your rights will be rather limited and you do not have the right to be taken through any specific or formal disciplinary procedure. It would very much be down to the employer to decide how to take this further and whether to take it any further at all. So if someone has made a complaint against you there is no automatic right to find out what the complaint is or who made it. You may do if the employer decides to take it further but that is up to them, including how long it takes for it to happen. Also as you have no right to get a fair disciplinary process, they could easily just terminate your placement there and not ask you to come back – that is one of the pitfalls of being an agency worker – you are very easily replaced.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes that’s fine thanks very much

All the best