How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK Solicitor John Your Own Question
UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 536
Experience:  8 years legal experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK Solicitor John is online now

I was hit in my car by a hit & run driver. is there a fund

Customer Question

i was hit in my car by a hit & run driver. is there a fund to help with costs
JA: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?
Customer: no injuries but large damage to my car
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: i have a gwent police ref number
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i am insured but there are excess charges
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I’m a solicitor and I’m happy to help with your question today. There may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. Please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you.

Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 17 days ago.

Hello when did this accident occur?
Are you saying you don’t wish to go through your insurers because of the excess you’ll have to pay?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i have contacted axa to repair car ,i want t0 know if there was any legal or govermentto help with excess costs as we vitims of a crime [hit & run]
Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 17 days ago.



Yes, you can contact the Motor Insurers Bureau. They are a government body and they deal with accidents of this nature under the Untraced Driver Agreement.


You can find more information here:


They can be contacted here:


Motor Insurers' Bureau

Linford Wood House

6-12 Capital Drive

Linford Wood

Milton Keynes

MK14 6XT

Telephone Number: 01908 830 001



I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. Please also leave a rating for me. You can do this by clicking the stars at the top of the page. All the best, John.

Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 17 days ago.

Hello , are you still there?