plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

3 question on page 2 it says that the author of the section

3 question on page 2 it says that the author of the section 7 report does not have to attend court. I presume that is cafcass. Although they have now been granted extension till the 18th march to fill in report.2) I wrote to the courts and advised that I could not afford the test and she has nor been forth coming with the payment, do I need to do anything else.3) what happens if I don’t turn up a court?

Thanks for the question - I'll review and come back to you later on today as I'm just with a client currently.

OK.

1. This is Cafcass yes. They won't be required to attend at this stage.

2. The commissioner of the test would normally issue you with an invoice for half of the payment - it's split equally. If you cannot afford it and the test does no t aspen, the court may unfortunately make assumptions that allegations of substance abuse are true.

3. If you don't turn up expect the court to make orders that aren't necessarily in your favour, they won't herar your side so it will be very one-sided.

Can I clarify anything about this for you?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
But what if I have told the courts already I can’t afford it and she not been forthcoming with any money

She doesn't pay you for the test - she would have to pay the invoice from the test company as would you - you don't normally pay up front for this type of service. I hope that clarifies the point?