Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I have a quick query about my CMS payments. I have had

Hi, I have a quick query about my CMS payments. I have had trouble setting up and me ex giving honest information to the CMS. Finally sorted late last year and he has now changed jobs. Didn’t tell myself or CMS so owes arrears again. I have spoken to CMS and said I am happy to wait until March for them to review the situation fully. My ex wanted to pay me direct but after advice from CMS I messaged him to say I’d rather leave it to CMS than him pay me direct. Against my wishes he has now paid me directly. Part of his Panic/Controlling behaviour toward me. If I have told him not to pay direct and go through the correct channels but he has done so anyway, can the CMS take this into account? This means I’d have to accept a direct payment and I am not willing to do so. He has labelled his transaction CMS payment. Will I have to send this back to him. I will now need to prove I have given his back and it causes further disruption to my case with the CMS. I appreciate any advice you can offer. I know this may not seem like a major deal but it will affect me and my children
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No, uk,
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm when did he send the funds?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
After I requested that he didn’t. This week 10/02/20.
I messaged him 04/02/20 to request him to pay via CMS
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I can’t make a call, please can we chat online
Hi, thank you for your message. I would advise that you do not spend the money but instead contact CMS to let them aware of the situation. As long as they know what is happening and can guide you accordingly you should be fine. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today