SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

We are a cleaning company, established 15 years and a

hi, we are a cleaning company, established 15 years and a customer slipped whilst showering the day after one of our cleaners cleaned and this customer is talking to neighbours and other customers of our saying a) we didn't push the suckers down on her bath mat properly and b) we placed the may upside down .... we have our insurers investigating on 20 feb but want to send her a notice to cease and desist letter we have drafted one out but just want to make sure its ok to send it
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: IN THE UK. POSTCODE DL10 7LD
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have informed our insures who dont believe she has a case to pursue but we would like her to stop her comments based on hearsay and nothing factual
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. Review of a formal document attracts an additional and very modest charge. It is because you will not be getting general guidance but a solicitor has to finely review the document to be able to either confirm it is ok or to suggest amendments. If you would like to consider that I can ask for the offer to be sent to you and when you accept you will be able to provide the document through a confidential info link and I would endeavour to review without delay

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
please. I have the drafted letter ready, I just want a solicitor to review and confirm its ok to send
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok shall I send through the draft letter ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NOTICE TO CEASE AND DESISTDone and Dusted Cleaning Ltd
Unit*****Business Park
Brompton on Swale
Richmond
DL10 7HBDate 11 February 2020Re: Defamation of Character – For Libel and/or SlanderDear Lyn BishopDone and Dusted Cleaning Ltd is a respected professional well established company and has spent 15 years building a positive reputation. Nevertheless, we have been informed that you have been maliciously spreading inaccurate and unfounded information that is damaging to our personal and professional character.It is unlawful for an individual to make deliberate statements that intend to harm a person’s reputation or company without factual evidence or based on hearsay.The defamatory statements include, but are not limited to, the following:Suggesting our cleaner was responsible for not pressing the suckers down on the shower mat to a neighbourSuggesting we were partially responsible for her accident to the paramedicsSuggesting our cleaner placed the shower mat upside down to a friend
_____________________________________________________________________.If you do not cease all related statements a defamation of character lawsuit will be commenced against you.Sincerely,Karen McSherry
Director

Hi I have just tried to call you as you had requested a call. the premium service you would have required is not a phone call really as you want me to review the draft formal letter. Do you want to speak to me or you would rather have the different offer

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hi, sorry I am now in a meeting and can't talk . I just need the draft letter I sent reviewing and confirming if ok to send

I cannot review it on the fee you pay for the Q & A service. I can see if they can offer review and comments at a fee similar to the call and I will do it for you on the call offer.

Thats fine on the call offer fee. I will review and get back to you this evening.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
have you reviewed the draft letter ?

Dear xx

Cease and Desist Letter: Slander

We are a company that has been in operation for 15 years and have in those years built valuable goodwill with our customers and established an enviable reputation within the cleaning industry.

You will already know that you have engaged us to provide you with our cleaning services in your capacity of consumer. We have been informed that you spoke and published of our business and our staff in the presence of your neighbours and the paramedics, words to suggest that our staff who attended to clean at your home failed to press suckers down on the shower mat and you claim that this partly caused an accident that occurred after our staff had cleaned the shower. The words you have spoken and published are damaging allegations.

In their natural and ordinary meaning, the words complained of meant and were understood to mean that we had failed in our duty to clean your home and had left the shower in a dangerous state. What you have said is calculated to disparage our staff and our company in the business that we are engaged in.

Our existence and growth depends on our reputation. In the premises of your conduct in speaking to third parties and making allegations that are not corroborated with facts, our staff and our company's reputation and credit as professional cleaners is likely to be seriously harmed (if not harmed already) and our staff especially has suffered considerable distress, hurt and embarrassment

At this stage we warn you to cease and desist from your actions. We reserve our legal rights to pursue you for damages should our business suffer financial loss as a result of this slander.

Action required:

We require you to retract your damaging statements immediately and to send a written confirmation that this has been done and an apology for your actions within 7 days of the date of this letter. Should we not receive this confirmation we will take it that you have not taken our warning seriously and we will consider our options with regard to legal action.

Should you not understand the content of this letter please seek independent legal advice.

We look forward to hearing from you and in any event within 7 days.

Yours sincerely,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you
You are welcome. All the best