Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

We are and Zoltan. In Portsmouth, We call solicitor, We

Hello.We are George and Zoltan.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In Portsmouth
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: We call solicitor
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We bought fly tickets 09.05.19 to Auckland(New Zealand) for £1328 from eDreams (Airchina).
What is your query please?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We would like get back the full price what we paid in the next month and if is possible get some compensation because the new tickets expenditures increase our journey price with almost £600.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We write the situation for you again because we wrote but probably we sent to the wrong place.
We bought fly tickets 09.05.19 toAuckland(New Zealand) for £1328 from eDreams (Airchina).
The Airchina canceled the flight and didn't offer replacement to the same day.
This reason we canceled the flight at the eDreams agents and by our insurance we try to get back a refund (what was guaranteed by insurance in 10 working days.
The eDreams said by corona virus the insurance not valid we will get back from £1328 only £1100 and the refunding time will be 6 month.I don't think is legal.So we would like get back the 100% refund quickly and if is possible compensation for our loss.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry we forgot we bought new tickets from Emirates flights for £1800 because we have to arrive on the exact time to Auckland.

Hi thank you for your message, so you will need to contact the company and ask them to refund the money or you will start legal proceedings against them if not refunded in 14 days.

You will need to register at http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk so that you are ready to issue the claim in the event they dispute the claim and do not pay you. The website is very user-friendly and you would not need a lawyer to use the money claim site. Claims with a value of under £10,000 are classed as a "small claim", so legal costs are not recoverable and the matter may be dealt with on paper by a Judge, not at a hearing. A hearing may be necessary if the court thinks that oral evidence is required to dispose of the case.

You would claim the sum for the loss, the court issue fee (details of fees are here at page 5: http://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/court-fees) and court interest which is 8% calculated on a daily rate from the date of loss to date of court judgment. The site allows you to calculate the interest and add it to the claim.

If you are on a low income or have low savings (or in receipt of benefits), you can ask the court for a fee remission so you do not have to pay the court issue fee.

If you win then once you have the CCJ from the court the defendant has 14 days to pay in full. If they do not then it gets registered with the credit agencies after 30 days. You can also enforce the CCJ with the county court bailiffs or transfer the debt to the High Court for a small additional fee assuming the total amount owed is at least £600 and you can use the high court enforcement officers who have greater powers than county court bailiffs. The transfer fee is added on to the debt and payable by the defendant.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.